Pag-IBIG members now have a chance to own a Pag-IBIG loyalty card loaded with discounts to further maximize their Pag-IBIG membership benefits. If you’re looking for a new rewards card that will reap the most discounts, check out the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card.
With this card, you can enjoy discounts and claim rewards from over 350 partner establishments nationwide. You can also use the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card at restaurants, schools, and pharmacies, among others.
Don’t have one yet? No worries! This guide will tell you what you need to know about this very useful card.
What is a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card?
Pag-IBIG first launched its loyalty program in 2014 as a way to maximize the value of the working Filipino’s Pag-IBIG membership. The government agency partnered with different establishments to offer exclusive discounts and perks to Pag-IBIG members nationwide. That’s why the membership grew from 8.8 million in 2010 to 14.8 million in 2014.
Pag-IBIG Fund members as of 2018 consist of 10.54 million members from the private sector, 2.12 million from the government sector, 300,000 from other working groups, and 1.06 million OFWs.
Indeed, the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card became more than just a Pag-IBIG ID. In a developing country like the Philippines, it offers considerable financial assistance to citizens who want the best value for their money. And in late 2019, Pag-IBIG improved on it and gave it a whole new purpose. It introduced the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus, the agency’s very own cash card, which can be used to receive the proceeds of multi-purpose loans, MP2 dividends, and other Pag-IBIG benefits.
Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card vs Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus
The Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card was released to serve as a membership ID. Eventually, Pag-IBIG collaborated with banks like AUB and UnionBank to introduce the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus―a modernized and improved version of the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card that also serves as an official Pag-IBIG ID and ATM card.
|Features||Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card||Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus (AUB)||Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus (UnionBank)|
|Expiration||No expiration for the card|| |
|Purpose||Serves as an official ID for all Pag-IBIG Fund members|| |
|Interface||Without EMV chip||With EMV chip||With EMV chip|
The new Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus comes with an EMV chip that has new banking features which allow it to work as an ATM card. The AUB card is the same as any prepaid card wherein all deposited amounts won’t be eligible to earn interest. Meanwhile, the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus from UnionBank is also the same as any UnionBank ATM savings card which allows you to earn interest on any outstanding balances.
Why You Should Get a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card
There are many reasons to get a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card today. Here are some of them.
1. Cash Card Functionality
Pag-IBIG partnered with Unionbank and Asia United Bank to make the cash card functionality of the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus a reality. The Pag-IBIG ID now looks like a proper ATM card, complete with an EMV chip for secure banking transactions. The agency is also currently working with other banks to bring the new cash card closer to all Pag-IBIG members.
2. Affordable Valid ID for Life
The Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus is a one-time purchase, which means you don’t have to renew it ever again. After all, it has the same features as a regular debit card. The loyalty card is also one of the cheapest government IDs out there.
3. Discounts and Benefits
The reason most members sign up for the loyalty program in the first place is the convenient promos and discounts. You can use your loyalty card to get exclusive discounts from a wide range of products and services. From dining, shopping, and travel discounts to even tuition fees and medical services. Year after year, the perks keep adding up.
How to Get a Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card
If this is your first time applying for one, you’ll instantly receive the newer Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus. If you currently own the old version of the loyalty card, you can still use it to get discounts from partner establishments. However, if you want to upgrade your card, you’ll have to follow the steps for a new application.
Pag-IBIG ID Requirements
Prepare the following Pag-IBIG loyalty card requirements:
- Two valid IDs - One valid ID and its photocopy to be used during the application process and the other valid ID to be left with the guard upon entry. Take note that Pag-IBIG no longer considers Philhealth ID and TIN cards as valid IDs.
- Permanent Membership ID (MID) number
- Must be an active Pag-IBIG member
If you have yet to receive your MID number, that means you don’t have a Pag-IBIG membership yet. Application is easy—just head down to the online Pag-IBIG registration page. Once you’ve secured your permanent Membership ID number, follow these simple steps.
- Download the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus application form and fill it out.
- Submit the completed form to the nearest Pag-IBIG Fund branch.
- Pay the registration fee of ₱125 and keep the receipt for claiming.
- Proceed to the biometrics section to have your picture and fingerprints taken.
- Validate all the information you gave and check for errors and misspellings.
- Claim your Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus and PIN Mailer from the bank personnel.
Read more: What Is Virtual Pag-IBIG and How Do I Create an Account?
Can You Apply for a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Online?
Currently, Pag-IBIG loyalty card online applications not offered. All applications are done at Pag-IBIG branches. But you can download the application form to fill out in advance. The card will also be processed and released on the same day.
Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card Benefits and Discounts
You can get exclusive Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card discountsand rewards for groceries, medicine, food, travel, hotel accommodation, fuel, and even tuition fees. All you have to do is show your card when doing business with a partner merchant, and you can instantly get your promised perks.
Health and Medication Discounts
- Asian Eye Institute – 15% discount on regular LASIK surgery and screening, 10% discount on conventional cataract surgery, and 5% discount on comprehensive eye exam and cataract screening
- Curamed Pharmacy – 10% discount on generic medicines and medical supplies and up to 5% discount on branded injectable and oral medicines
- Fatima University Medical Center – 10% discount on select medical services
- HealthCube Medical Clinics – 20% discount on laboratory and ancillary procedures and fixed-rate consultations for in-house physicians
- Healthway Medical – 50% discount on intense diamond peel, 20% discount on selected laboratory procedures, and 10% discount on dental procedures
- Castro Maternity Hospital and Medical Center - 10% discount on emergency outpatient consultation, CT scan, MRI, and mammogram
- Medical Center Manila – 8% discount on in-patient and out-patient bills
- MyHealthClinic – 20% discount on laboratory and diagnostic services, 5% discount on executive checkups, and free unlimited consultation with primary care physicians. The benefit is extended to immediate family members.
Education Benefits and Discounts
- Brentwood Academy of Las Piñas – 10% discount on full payment tuition (benefit extended to family members)
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran – 20% discount on tuition fee for BS Education and BS Human Resource Development courses
- Digos Institute of Technical Education – 20% discount on tuition fee for a 2-year course in Auto Servicing Technology and Hotel and Restaurant Technology
- Diliman College – 30% discount on tuition fee for select courses
- International Colleges for Excellence – 30% discount on college tuition fees
- Lyceum Northern Luzon – free tuition for new enrollees in all courses
- Our Lady of Fatima University – 5% discount on tuition fee for Graduate programs
- University of the Visayas - 10% discount on tuition fee in select courses
Food and Restaurant Discounts
- Balanghai – 10% discount on food with minimum purchase of ₱500
- Balay Dako – 10% discount on Deli exclusive to Balay Dako’s products; free special dessert worth ₱200 for a minimum purchase of ₱2,000
- Calle Real Restaurant and Catering – 10% discount on dine-in orders
- Crabs N Crack – 10% discount on all seafood buckets
- Crisostomo Filipino Dining – free dessert for a minimum purchase of ₱1,500
- Formosa Bakeshop – 10% discount on select products
- Gloria Maris Restaurant – 10% discount on food for cash payment and 5% discount for credit card payment
- Papa John’s Pizza – 10% discount on all featured pizzas
- Pampanga’s Best - 5% discount for a minimum purchase of ₱1,000
- Rodic’s - 10% discount on food and beverage for a minimum purchase of ₱1,000
- Tuna Republik - 10% discount on all products
Shopping Discounts and Benefits
- Hairfood Co – 10% on all products for a minimum purchase of ₱2,000
- HBC – 10% discount on all HBC products
- Human Nature – 5% discount on all products
- Jockey – 10% discount on regular-priced products
- Pacsafe – 15% discount for a minimum purchase of ₱3,500
- Rusty Lopez – up to 30% discount for a minimum purchase of ₱3,000
Beauty and Wellness Discounts
- Ayana Beauty Basics - 20% discount on Ayana Luxe and Ayana White and 10% discount on Ayana Smooth
- Belle La Peau – 15% discount on waxing services and 10% on packaged products
- Dermcare – 50% discount on diamond peel and other select services
- Luz Facial Care – 20% discount on facial cleaning and diamond peel
- Macho Mucho – 10% discount on major services and 5% discount on minor services like haircut
- Orangeblush Salon – 10% discount on all services
- Shinagawa Lasik and Aesthetics - 50% discount on select products and services plus free consultation
- Tony and Jackey Salon - 5% discount on top of the promo package plus free kera-protein treatment voucher worth ₱1,200 if you avail of hair services
Travel and Accommodation Discounts
- 2Go Travel – 20% discount on retail ticket fares at select outlets
- Crown Royale Hotel - 10% discount on room rates except for double standard rooms
- Eagle Point Resort - 30% discount on terrace hotel sea-view plus 10% discount on massage services and kayaking
- La Carmela de Boracay - 20% discount on room accommodation
- Makiling Highlands - 50% discount on pool entrance, room accommodation, and picnic tables
- St. Giles Makati - 62% discount on superior rooms
- The Manor Hotel - 15% discount on room rates
Other Discounted Services
- Air21 – 5% discount on domestic shipments
- DHL – 10% discount on published rates for documents and non-document
- Enchanted Kingdom – 15% discount on a regular day passes
- I-Remit – up to 25% discount on remittance fees
- KServico – ₱500 discount on motorcycles
Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card FAQs
1. I don’t have a Pag-IBIG Loyalty card. Can I still apply for a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus?
Yes. You can apply for a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus even without the old loyalty card.
2. Do I need to renew my loyalty card once the discount eligibility expires?
The Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus with AUB and UnionBank limits eligibility for discounts to three years. The card, however, can still be used as an ATM card for 10 years. Renewing to enjoy the card perks and privileges is at your discretion.
3. Can I apply for a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card at any AUB or UnionBank branch?
No. Although Pag-IBIG partnered with these banks, you can only apply at Pag-IBIG servicing branches. You may also need to check first with the nearest Pag-IBIG branch if they’re processing loyalty card applications. Some Pag-IBIG branches in malls don’t have a card printing machine and can’t process loyalty card applications.
Online application of loyalty cards is also currently not being offered.
4. Can I use the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus to make online purchases?
You can use it for basic debit card services like withdrawing money at any ATM and making cashless payments through point-of-sale systems (POS).
5. How long does it take to receive my new loyalty card?
You can receive your new card the same day you applied.
6. Can I have a representative apply for a loyalty card on my behalf?
No. Personal appearance is required when applying for a loyalty card.
7. Can I make over-the-counter withdrawals using my AUB Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card?
No. AUB only allows ATM withdrawals with your Loyalty Card Plus.
- It’s Easy to Apply for a Pag-IBIG Salary Loan―Just Check Out This Guide
- The Complete Guide to Claiming Your Pag-IBIG Contributions
If you already have a Pag-IBIG ID Loyalty Card, then you know how convenient this one piece of card can be. Maximize its benefits further by upgrading it to the Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus. Not only will you get the same benefits as the old one, but you’ll also get a cash card for all your Pag-IBIG contributions and loans. It’s a loyalty card you should have at all times.
-  Pag-IBIG members to get discounts at select stores (The Philippine Star, 2015)
-  2018 Annual Report (Pag-IBIG)
-  Pag-IBIG fund launches improved Loyalty Card Plus (Business Mirror, 2019)
-  AUB Hello Pag-IBIG
-  Pag-IBIG Fund, UnionBank reach 1 Million Customers
-  Online Pag-IBIG registration page
-  Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card application form
-  Benefits of Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus